Last Updated: July 11th, 2018
Who we are
I am a solitary vegan diet enthusiast who wants to share delicious vegan food with other vegan or vegan-curious eaters. The website address is: https://5minvegan.com.
The following privacy notice applies to 5MinVegan.com. We may change or update this policy from time to time, and we will notify you of any changes by changing the “last updated” notice set forth above. Accordingly, you should frequently visit this web page. Any updated policy shall be effective immediately after it is posted.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
1. Activity. We may ask for some personal information, including your e-mail address, for certain activities on the Website, such as for uploading files or client communication.
2. Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when and how long you use the Website, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in the Website (including UI elements, settings, and other information). We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. “Web Beacons”) in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
3. Content Uploaded to Site. Any digital files information or picture content that you upload will be used for the immediate purposes as instructed and will not be stored by 5MinVegan.com. You are responsible for maintaining your own backup copies of all submitted materials.
Cookies, IP Logs
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
1. If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Website, we may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Website, as well as provide special personalized features and services to you.
2. We may use your email address without further consent for administrative purposes (such as for customer service purposes).
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments are checked through automated spam detection service Akismet. 5minVegan.com
1. You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Website, in which case you can still view and explore the Website, but 5MinVegan.com may not be able to provide certain services to you.
2. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies in the browser settings if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other Website features or services that depend on cookies. If you choose to accept cookies, your browser may allow you to delete cookies that you have accepted at a later date.
3. We may allow third-party advertising companies and networks to serve cookies on the Website and to serve ads to you when you visit the Website. These companies and networks may use the log file information and/or information collected by cookies, Web beacons and similar technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services that they believe may be of interest to you. If you would like to prevent certain third parties from collecting and using such information (i.e., opt-out), or would like more information about these practices and to understand your choices regarding use of this information by these companies, you may visit https://www.google.com/adsense.
22 Birch Lane, Lunenburg
NS, B0J 2C0